Tamil Nadu E Pass – In 2020, humanity witnessed a devastating event, the emergence of the covid-19 pandemic. The covid cases are reaching staggering heights. So, to cope with the situation, the Indian government has imposed lockdowns in Tamil Nadu. Here are more details about the Tamil Nadu E Pass Online Application.
Tamil Nadu E Pass
The Government has come up with many measures to restrict the covid-19 virus from spreading. One of the latest measures implemented by the Tamil Nadu Government is the E-pass. The government has made Tamil Nadu E Pass mandatory for all kinds of travel within the state. As per the new rules, all international and domestic passengers must mandatorily have an e-pass to travel.
So, if you want to apply for Tamil Nadu E Pass Online, here are the complete details.
Tamil Nadu Covid E Pass Eligibility Criteria
Here are the eligibility criteria or rules to apply for Tamil E Pass Online –
- Every Indian citizen in Tamil Nadu must mandatorily avail of the E Pass to travel within or out of the state. However, this pass is not mandatory for the workers related to the plantation, fishing, agriculture, etc.
- All government officials, medical staffs, workers, or individuals under urgent circumstances are eligible to apply for the E Pass.
- Any individual traveling to foreign lands from Tamil Nadu must have the Lockdown Covid E Pass.
- The applicant must have identification proof while using the Tamil Nadu Covid E Pass.
- The E Pass comes with a term that the individuals after the end of their travel span must live in isolation for at least 14 days.
- All the applicants need to meet all the eligibility mentioned above criteria to apply for the Tamil Nadu E Pass. Note that without a valid reason, the application will be rejected.
How to Apply for Tamil Nadu E Pass Online?
Here are the entire steps to apply for the Tamil Nadu E Pass Online –
- Step 1: To apply for an E Pass, visit the website eregister.tnega.org.
- Step 2: Once you log in to the home page, verify your Indian citizen, and you want to apply for traveling permission in Tamil Nadu.
- Step 3: Wait for a new page to open and fill in the required details and enter the captcha code and OTP.
- Step 4: After the mobile number verification process, select the E Pass type to continue.
- Step 5: Wait to get redirected to an application form and fill up the required details.
- Step 6: Once done, recheck the details and hit the submit button. Now, please wait for the authorities to scrutinize the application and approve it.