What exactly is Sand-blasting?
Sandblasting is an industrial process of cleaning and smoothing a tough surface by forcing a stream of solid particles against a surface using compressed air. There are both abrasive and mild versions of this process and it is carried on through different mediums. This process is also popularly known as Abrasive blasting and has a history dating back to the 1800’s.
Types of Sand-blasting
Like we already mentioned, there are several types of sand-blasting. The types of sandblasting are categorised depending on the different medias used. Here are the types:
- Soda Sand blasting– This type of sandblasting is used to remove rust from the top layers of metals without causing any damage to the inner layers.
- Steel Sandblasting– This method of Abrasive blasting is utilised for both scraping and blasting. This method is used to attain a smooth finish on metal surfaces and is used in automobile industries and on heavy machines.
- Silica Sand blasting– This used to be one of the most popular methods of Sand blasting and uses silica sand or quartz to offer a smooth finish to surfaces. But due to many safety issues, it’s no longer the most preferred method, even though it’s still being used.
- Bristle Sandblasting– Under this method of Abrasive blasting, steel wire bristles are rotated on a rough surface. These bristles help smoothen a surface and offer a clean and polished look.
- Glass beads – If you want a matte or satin-like finish, Glass beads is the best type of Abrasive blasting. This method is usually used on cabinets.
This is one of the most commonly used Sandblasting machines in the Industry. This Abrasive blaster is safe, portable, and highly efficient. It can be used on a variety of surfaces including metal, glass, stone, ceramics, and even plastic. This is an Air operated Pneumatic Sandblasting machine.
The machine contains a blast generator and works on the principle of pressure blasting. MS steel plates of thickness of at least 6 mm are used for the blast generator as per industry standards. The abrasive capacity of the machine depends on the model but can range from anywhere from 65 kg to 1000 kg.
Surface Finishing (Surfex) is one of the very few companies in India that has made its mark when it comes to offering exceptional services. If you are looking for Sand blasting solutions in India, you can’t go wrong with Surfex!