National Grid Electric Bill Payment: National Grid is a utility company serving customers’ gas and electrical needs in Massachusetts, New York, Rhode Island, and the UK. The company is headquartered in London, England. It also boasts as one of the world’s largest “investor-owned” utility companies.
National Grid US provides utilitarian supplies and services for home-based customers and businesses. The company that began services in 1990 now fulfills over 10 million customers’ gas and electricity needs in the US.
The National Grid US offers various ways to make a bill payment which we will discuss below. However, to make a bill payment online, customers need to register for online access, allowing them to avail themselves of online services. This guide will walk readers through the entire process step by step.
Ensure you have the following before trying to avail yourself of the National Grid US online portal.
- A Desktop, Laptop, or smartphone to access the website and the online services.
- A stable and active internet connection so that registration, login, and bill payment procedure don’t get interrupted.
- A National Grid accounts to view your bills and make payments.
- An email address and alternate email address to link an account.
- The ten-digit account number of the customer’s existing utility service.
- The user’s Social Security Number is required as part of the login procedure.
How to Register for National Grid Online Access?
Customers need to register in the National Grid online portal to access their utility account online, make bill payments, and access other services. If you have registered, skip this step and proceed to the login guide below.
Here is the step-by-step guide to registering for National Grid Online Access:
- First, enter the National Grid US portal, where you will be prompted to select the city, type of utility, and mode of use. Then, in the top right corner, select the ‘Sign in/Register option highlighted in blue.
- Next, select the ‘Register for Online Access’ button present on the right side of the page. Alternatively, users can access the registration page directly.
- Once on the registration page, fill in your ten-digit account number and click ‘Continue.’
- This will bring you to the page where you must fill in your details.
- First Name, Last name
- Email ID, User ID
- Alternate Email Address
- Security question and answer
- Last four digits of SSN (Social Security Number)
- Zip code
- Before clicking submits, read and tick all the disclaimer and user agreement options.
- Once all details are filled in, click on the ‘Submit’ Button.
How to sign in to National Grid US?
All the users who have completed their registration for online access can access the services by logging in. Follow the given steps to log in:
- As with registration, select the blue ‘Sign in/Register button at the homepage’s top right corner. Alternatively, users can directly enter the login page.
- The Sign-In section can be found on the left side of the page.
- Enter your Email Address and Password, which you used to register into the portal.
- Click on ‘Sign In.’
- This will allow you to access your account and online services.
How to reset your National Grid US Email Id and Password?
If you forgot your Email Address, select the ‘Forgot Email Address?’ option present below the ‘Sign In’ button. It will lead you to a page where you must key in your Alternate/Notification Email Address.
If you forgot your Email Address, select the ‘Forgot Password?’ option present below the ‘Sign In’ button. It will lead you to a page where you must key in your Sign-In Email or Username to reset your password.
Electrical Bill Payment Options:
To pay your Electrical Bill through the National Grid US online portal, users have to access the payment page by clicking on the green ‘Pay Your Bill’ button present at the top right side of the homepage. Alternatively, they can directly enter the ‘Ways to Pay page.
There are seven options by which customers can pay their Electric Bills:
1. Pay By Bank Account/Pay Online
Customers who have already registered and created an online profile can pay their Electric bills online. Payment can be made through their checking or savings accounts. By clicking on the make a payment option, users will be redirected to the login page.
2. Pay By Credit/Debit Card
This option allows paying their bills through ‘Speedpay’ using their Credit/Debit cards. By selecting the payment option, users will be directed to a payment interface page to ask if they want to pay their Gas/Electric Bill or a One-Time Interface.
There will be fees being applied, estimated to start at $2.25.
3. Automated Payments
There is also an option that allows users to set up automated payments. Here a timely schedule is set up where costs are deducted from the user’s bank account.
4. Pay By Bank Website
Another way of online payments is by making the bill payment through the user’s bank website. For this, customers are advised to contact their banks regarding this service.
5. Pay In Person
A form of offline payment is by visiting an Authorized National Grid Payment location in person. There is an option to find suitable places to make such payments.
6. Pay By Phone
Paying by phone is a slightly less hassle way of making bill payments. All customers must dial the following number, 1-800-322-3223, and provide the ten-digit account number to pay with the bank account. Do note that fees may apply.
7. Pay By Mail
One of the oldest methods of bill payments, through the mail, is still available. All customers must make checks payable to National Grid using the envelope provided with the bill to National Grid P.O. Box 11737 Newark, NJ 07101-4737.
Contact Hours and Contact Details for National Grid US Customer Support
- Customer Service Contact Number: 1-800-322-3223 (Mon – Fri, 0700 to 1900)
- Emergency Contact for Outages: 1-800-465-1212 (Available 24 hrs)
- Emergency Contact for Gas Emergencies: 1-800-233-5325 or 911 (Available 24 hrs)
Also, Contact online via:
- Official Website: https://www.nationalgridus.com/MA-Home/Contact-Us/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nationalgrid
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/nationalgridus
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nationalgrid/
The above guide has provided an in-depth guide to accessing the online services of the National Grid US portal.
The diverse payment methods have made it easier for customers to choose their most favorable and accessible mode of payment. Especially in times of pandemic, where the offline mode of prices isn’t advisory, National Grid US has made the online bill payment mode easy to access.