Residents of Michigan State can now avail of unemployment benefits through the new MiWAM portal for eligible individuals. If you are currently unemployed and looking for a new job, the MiWAM portal allows you to apply for an unemployment claim with certain benefits. This article will walk you through the processes of accessing your MiWAM account.
The MiWAM (Michigan Web Account Management) portal is an online platform that allows residents of Michigan to avail of certain benefits reserved for individuals within the state. This article will discuss unemployment benefits that Michigan residents can help themselves with.
You need to have your MiWAM online account to claim your employment benefits. This account allows you to access and manage all your unemployment benefits and make claims online. After creating a new account and logging in, you can also regularly update your job search progress on the online portal.
As a guide, this article will walk you through all the steps needed to create your MiWAM online account and the login process. There will also be additional information on troubleshooting any login issues you might face. However, before we start, let us look at some basic requirements to make your portal experience smoother.
Requirements for accessing your MiWAM account:
- It would help if you had a laptop, desktop, or smartphone to access your MiWAM online account.
- Ensure you have a stable internet connection to prevent disruptions while logging in to your MiWAM online account.
- You are highly advised to access the MiWAM online portal through supported browsers such as Google Chrome, Safari, Microsoft Edge, or Firefox.
- It would help if you were a resident of Michigan with valid personal and residential proof details while creating a new account.
- You need to be enrolled for unemployment services through the Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity. This can be done through the MiWAM portal.
- You need your username and password for those who already have their own MiWAM account.
How to create a new MiWAM account?
A MiWAM account is required to access any Michigan State resident benefit program. The same would apply to those looking to make unemployment claims. You need to have an active MiWAM online account to claim your unemployment benefits. Follow these instructions as given to enroll for a new MiWAM account:
- To create a new MiWAM online account, visit the MiWAM portal at https://www.michigan.gov/uia.
- On the homepage, navigate to the ‘Already Applied for benefits’ section.
- Click on the ‘Login to MiWAM’ option.
- On the next page, read through the instructions provided and the requirements to claim your unemployment benefits.
- Click on the ‘Sign in with MILogin’ button.
- You will be redirected to the account creation page, where a confirmation window will appear. Close this pop-up window.
- Enter your personal information, such as first name, last name, and mobile number.
- Enter your email address and re-type the same to confirm.
- Answer the verification question by providing the correct answer.
- Select the tick box after reading the Terms & Conditions and click on ‘Next.
- Provide any additional information requested along with a new password for your account.
- Click on ‘Create new account’ to confirm your submission.
How to claim your MiWAM unemployment benefits?
Your MiWAM account is the only way to access your unemployment benefits and claims. Apart from claiming your MiWAM unemployment benefits, you can also use your login account to update your job search report that must be submitted to be eligible for MiWAM unemployment claims. To get started, follow these simple instructions:
- To log in to your MiWAM online account, visit the MiWAM portal.
- Navigate to the ‘Already Applied for benefits’ section.
- Click on the ‘Login to MiWAM’ option.
- On the next page, click on the ‘Sign in with MILogin’ button.
- You will be redirected to the account creation page, where you have to click the ‘Login’ button.
- Enter your account User ID and password.
- Click on ‘Login’ to access your MiWAM online account.
What to do if you have forgotten your MiWAM account credentials?
It is essential to safe-keep your account credentials as it is the only way to access the MiWAM account. Do not share this information with anyone else either. However, for those who wish to reset/retrieve their account credentials, here’s how:
- Forgot your User ID?
- Visit the MiWAM login page at https://milogin.michigan.gov/.
- Click on the ‘Forgot your User ID?’ option.
- On the next page, enter your registered email address and provide an answer to the verification question.
- Click on ‘Submit’ to retrieve your account User ID.
- Forgot your Password?
- Visit the MiWAM login page.
- Click on the ‘Forgot your Password?’ option.
- On the next page, enter your account User ID and provide an answer to the verification question.
- Click on ‘Next’ to receive instructions to reset your account password.