Gambling in several forms has become one of the ways with which Australians pass time with recent laws easing the activities of casinos. There have been several laws and regulations guiding the operations of Australia casino online platforms in the country.
Land casinos in Australia are legal and licensed, alongside some gaming machines like slot machines and pokies. These gaming machines are mostly found in clubs, bars, and pubs. Australia casino online platforms are also legalized following laid down regulations of the country.
Is Gambling Online Legal in Australia?
The legality of gambling on Australia casino online providers is based on the Interactive Gambling Act of 2001. It is the major regulation that is focused on their operations as passed by the Commonwealth Parliament of Australia. The act looks at the operations of online casinos across the country and is against the offering of web-based interactive gambling that offers real money.
Using online casinos in Australia is not illegal, but advertising it to citizens is strongly prohibited in the country. This Act applies to all online casinos, those within the country and offshore. The Interactive Gambling Act is in the best interest of the citizens of Australia, protecting them from the dangerous effects of online gaming.
It should be stressed that there is nowhere in the act that says it is illegal for Australia Casino online to not fully operate. There are locally based online casinos and hundreds of those offshore that provide online gambling services to Aussies with lots of options.
The laws that guide the operations of Australia Online Casino have a provision that does not accept every kind of online gambling. The restrictions on online gambling are more directed to the providers rather than the players. The regulations of gambling are implemented at two main levels. The central government of Australia is part of the regulating of the industry, they are strongly involved in the passing and amending of necessary legislation on the subject. The second level of Australian gambling regulations is the state and territory authorities who make laws directly for their state.
Some of the online gambling regulations per state include:
- The Northern Territory has The Licensing Commission.
- South Australia carries out its regulations through The Independent Gambling Authority.
- Western Australia is regulated by The Department of Racing, Gaming, and Liquor.
- In Queensland, The Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation is saddled with the responsibility of regulating online gambling in the state.
- Australian Capital Territory operates with the regulations of the ACT Gambling and Racing Commission.
- The Territory of Tasmania has The Tasmanian Gaming Commission
- The Victorian Commission for Gambling covers the Territory of Victoria.
- In New South Wales, The Office of Liquor, Gaming, and Racing get the job done.
Players should be aware that they may find more offshore casinos online than local casinos. These casinos accept Australian players and dollars.
Online casinos that operate in Australia offer lots of casino games, these are not limited to modern games. You can play traditional casino games like blackjack, craps, baccarat, roulette, and lots more.