Bigil Day 1 & Day 2 Box Office Collections | Whistle 2nd Day Box Office Numbers | Thalapathy Vijay

Bigil, starring Tamil Superstar Vijay lit up the theatres and the distributors and producers celebrated Dhanteras in its true sense with the movie having a thunderous opening and minting moolah on the ticket counters.

Bigil which had a multilingual release, releasing in Tamil, as well as Telugu, had a combined box office collection in all the languages of Rs. 31.50 Crores Net of India alone. The overseas collections of the film to have been quite impressive at Rs 7 crores.

Bigil Poster

With the people busy in Diwali preparations and shopping the film is expected to have some drop in collections on the second day as compared to Day 1. The film is expected to earn around Rs 25 crores gross taking the India gross collections toRs 56.50 crores and together with overseas collections the film is set to cross 70 crores in 2 days alone.

Continuing the momentum of Day 1 the Tamil circuits are expected to witness a high occupancy of rate in comparison to other states and language versions of the film with around 95% and 75%-80% occupancy respectively.

The Tamil version has so far dominated the total collection with around 90% of collections coming from the Tamil version which are as per the expectation because of massive fanbase Vijay enjoys in Tamil State. Of the remaining 10%, major chunk is from the Telugu version which is released under the titled Whistle.

Backed by a strong performance of Vijay and direction of Atlee the film is excepted to cross 100 crores in the first week itself but whether it will achieve the feat in 3 days is yet to be seen.

Josh Linus
Josh Linus
Josh can talk films for hours on end, discussing the really good cinema, the really bad, and anything in between. He enjoys everything - from epic fantasies to horror, from rom-coms to crime and action thrillers, from sci-fi to musical dramas.

Most Popular