Roulette is a casino game played both physically and at online casinos. It is named after the French word for “small wheel,” and it is thought to have evolved from the Italian game Biribi. A player can make the following bets: a number, groups of numbers, red or black color, whether the number is odd or even, or whether the numbers are high (19-36) or low (1–18).
During online roulette games, a croupier spins a wheel in one way, then spins a ball in the other direction around an inclined circular track running around the outer edge of the wheel to find the winning number. The ball ultimately loses momentum, passes through a deflector section, and falls onto the wheel, landing in one of the thirty seven pockets. The winnings are subsequently paid to anybody who has placed a winning wager.
Types of Roulette Bets
Outside bets and inside bets are the two types of online roulette bets that a player can make.
Outside bets are ideal for beginners at Arab online casinos because they provide more comprehensive table coverage. Here are the outside bets you can make when you play roulette:
- Dozen bet – You place a wager that the ball will land on one of the numbers on your wagered dozen when you choose this option. The dozens bet contains three alternatives marked First 12, Second 12, and Third 12, similar to the column bet.
- Odds/Evens bet – By choosing this option, you’re placing a wager on whether the ball will land on an odd or an even digit. The roulette configuration includes 18 odd and even numbers.
- High-low bet – The ball can land on any of the 36 numbers, excluding 0 and 00. In this wager, numbers 1 through 18 are classified as “low,” whereas those 19 through 36 are categorized as “high.” It doesn’t matter which precise number hits in the high/low wager; all that matters is that the ball lands in the predicted category.
- Column bet – There are three rows on the perimeter of the online roulette table that are numbered 1st Row, 2nd Row, and 3rd Row. By placing a column bet, you are wagering that the ball will land on a number that is present in the row of your choice.
- Black/red bet – For most new players in an online casino, this is one of the easiest bets to try out. In this case, your wager is whether a red or black pocket will receive the ball.
Inside bets, as the name implies, are wagers made ‘inside’ the table and consist of the primary 37 or 38 numbers. The following are the various inside bets available in roulette:
- Straight-up Bet – One of the most fundamental bets you can place in online roulette is a straight-up bet. You can use it to cover many digits in a round concurrently, but it also covers one number. In practice, players put the chip right on top of the number or numbers they want to gamble on at the roulette table.
- Split Bet – You can simultaneously put bets on two nearby numbers using the split bet. You must set your chip on the line separating the two numbers you want to bet on.
- Street or trio bet – The street bet often referred to as the trio, is a type of inside roulette game bet that lets you stake money on three successive numbers on the same line. Put your chip on the outer edge of the three numbers you want to win to lock in this wager.
- Square or corner bet – This wager covers four digits at once. If one of the four digits wins, you can cash out winnings from a corner/square wager. The catch with this wager is that the four numbers you choose must arrange themselves into a square on the table, thus the name.
- 5-number wager – You can bet on five different digits, especially 0, 00, 1, 2, and 3, using the five-number bet. This is unique to American roulette. To make this bet, place five distinct chips directly on the specified digits.
- Bet on a line, six, or six number – With the line bet, you can wager on up to six different figures in the same round.
Before engaging in a casino game of online roulette, one of the first things you must learn is bankroll management. It is straightforward to go with the flow or follow your instinct and lose a lot of money. Hence, if this is your first attempt at a roulette game or any other casino game, learn the rules, manage your bankroll, and learn the kinds of bets you can make.